What is this wiki about?
I use this wiki (and my other projects hosted here) as a personal tool for learning (Personal Learning Environment (PLE)).
When I started this wiki in March 2009: question to myself: so, where is the learning ?
- Blog:Observations (feel free to also blog here, request your account)
- Trial and error + categories: PLE + learning
- "My book" - author: Erkan Yilmaz
- general questions? see discussion
- Category Tree: browse through the categories
- Popular pages for this MediaWiki installation
- MediaWiki statistics
What's the topical boundary of this wiki?
it's all about learning here...
Which wikis are considered "neighbors" to this wiki?
(+ sister projects)
|Wikiversity:WikiNode||e.g. recent changes of English WV||identi.ca group (info), |
|NetKnowledge (NK)||NetKnowledge:WikiNode|| - twitter|
- unfortunately this wiki does not exist anymore,
all its content is lost :-(
- my efforts to restore it are documented here
(see some wiki statistics on those wikis)
... and why?
- Because of the freedom they give/gave a person to experiment with ideas (though the technology is limited, see e.g. for WV the Wikiversity:Sandbox Server).
- example: wikiversity:User:Erkan Yilmaz/PLE
- I didn't yet discover other wikis
What's the relationship between this wiki, and its neighbors?
Well, I was active first at WV, where I got deeper thoughts about wikis, communities and learning. NetKnowledge was (somehow) a fork attempt? One will see where it goes or does not go.
Participation in SystemsWiki was preceded
- by activities in Wikipedia:WikiProject Systems which was preceded
- Currently every registration needs to be confirmed, feel free to register if you want to join the learning experiment...