Search engine results
From I ask questions
Some searches for my name (in German, Turkish + Japanese) with results in various search engines:
(to make it better comparable, I've also included the search term: Germany)
date: 2011 Aug 11
|search engine||search term:
- it's interesting that Google Germany has more results for these 4 search terms than Google Turkey!
hypothesis: could this be because of me?
though of course quantity has nothing to do with quality
my assumption: in Turkey more people than in Germany live with this name (Yılmaz is a very common Turkish name)
- "Erkan Yilmaz": bing Germany found more results than Google
- bing had more results for "Erkan Yilmaz" than for: Erkan Yilmaz
- do they not use the "" as more restricting one?
- "エルカン ウイルマズ" or エルカン ウイルマズ: it's irritating that Baidu China has >4.5 mio results - the distance to the other search engines is too large.
- three times no result was found: all 3 search engines were Chinese ones
filter after more keywords, e.g. place, activity, ...