I had the choice to:
- install a MW extension which allows me to insert raw HTML :-(
- "you have to put the microformats stuff in the HTML, not as wiki content", "all those things should go in the HTML (possibly through your template) and should not be escaped"
- or use templates
- I decided for this option
how it's used here (in Mediawiki)
e.g. for user pages
- If you want to make your URL and name known to other systems that support this format, use the Template:Hcard.
- See the picture below how to use this template.
- See it in action here: User:Erkan Yilmaz#microformats
- mf2 needs some changes, so use the Template:Hcard2
- see it in action here: User talk:Erkan Yilmaz#microformats2
e.g. for your signature
hAtom , h-entry (e.g. for your articles)
- If you want to e.g. add microformats support to your blog posting(s), use the Template:hAtom
- see it in action at: Blog:Observations/wiki runs for over 5 years#notes
hAtom/h-entry needs more love though (see Template talk:Hatom):
- e.g. better layout, url (aka permalink)
things that didn't really work because I didn't add it as real HTML into the pages, MW wouldn't parse it correct (though, the mf/mf2-parsers would partly show it as working):
- added this microformats on my user page, it was created via the hCard Creator