How you can increase your happiness with last.fm
When I play a radio, it plays other tracks than I'd expect. What can I do?
you have several options:
- 1. You can tag also at last.fm + then:
- use the "on the fly" scrobbler link creator
- with this you can play your very own tags (+ it does not matter anymore if people mess up the tags)
- e.g. click "user related", type your username + add the tag you want to play
- (there's a quick howto on that page, read it)
- 2. create another user with certain tracks added (it must be tracks, not artists)
- and then you can play that user's library always
Banning artists: how can I do that? I do not want to listen to any tracks of them at all
- use The Last.fm Mass Tagger
- input the artist + search for their tracks + then use the ban-button
info: this tool is very powerful: you can e.g. also unlove all your tracks and stuff like this, just explore it
Can I scrobble my vinyl tracks?
You can... see here:
- scrobbyl: Automatically Scrobble your vinyl collection in real time
- there are programs which do acoustic fingerprinting.
e.g. I saw once Shazam (successfully for one track) which is available for different mobile phones.
- or if all fails: you can manually scrobble those with the Universal Scrobbler
Can I listen to last.fm without having a subscription?
For mobile phones: NO.
But: in some countries (e.g. in Germany) the Last.fm Scrobbler can be used without any limits.
and... here: how you can make "on the fly" links for the scrobbler.