recovering 1.5 years of my online life
Was looking yesterday at (beta)Wikiversity again...
I thought, I should not just complain about this (it is sad when a wiki dies/disappears), but do something about it.
So: I am trying to recover 1.5 years of my online life into this wiki.
See progress at: NetKnowledge.org
some thoughts after getting ca. 140 pages from cache from the very beginning:
- how any work in its early stages (be it on paper, virtual, e.g. wiki) must look to others in its baby steps -> praise the learning process one does over time - consciously or not...
- this page made me smile: NetKnowledge:Mascot contest
- when you have good keywords, you can pretty good see which search engine buys its content + which ones create it themselves
- what did go wrong with the backups? see discussion here
- trying to contact people with this let's see if there's feedback
- restructuring wiki and integrate old blog posts into MediaWiki (2011 August, blog)
- archive.org is a good service (2012 Sept 10)