bug reporting with micro blogging tools or activating public knowledge
From I ask questions
I was wondering if microblogs are a nice tool to do (better?) Mention In Passing (MIP)?
I imagine a link between bug databases (mantis, bugzilla, jira, ...) + e.g. twitter, identi.ca, friendika ...
- tweets, dents, ... have a limit (ca. 140 chars) it makes sure people describe the "main" thing
- one has an automatic time stamp
- in the form of Statusnet one has the possibility to show replies in a tree like structure
- for e.g. reconstructing after test sessions the time spent on activities
- after testing + review these MIPs in the database could be deactivated(?)
- helps to keep the database clean?
- to have later acess to this MIP knowledge a checkbox with MIP in search would be nice
- Can be probably utilized over feeds offered (+ some filtering of tags) already
- or you could get feeds from both + display in a feed viewer?
- only to specific users (company internal, beta testers, ...) or
- activates public knowledge during your sessions (not only because you have now more people who might help (re)test for you ;-) )
- in general you could see what people are experiencing in times when you do not test (the released version)