The text in the box is moved from my other blog!
When did you read ALOUD the last time ?
I am reading a foreign language book - aloud.
I remember the last time reading aloud - over a longer period of time - was in school, when we read set books in class.
Why am I doing this now (again) ?
Perhaps to get more of my senses activated ? Could also be because of the topic of the book - it is about ancient times. And as you know: stories sound better, when they are told.
I noticed that this slows me down (when comparing to “normal” silent reading). Could be because:
- now I read REALLY the complete text instead having read some parts (quickly)
- sometimes also the pronounciation/accentuation seems not correct to me and I stop and think how it would be correct
- perhaps I see more with my mind’s eye ?
The book has >500 pages - I wish all my neighbors fun listening :-)
- by Shan (Mon, Sep 3, 2007 at 10:54 AM; this text is posted originally in German !):
- Reading is already a story itself. Many good storytellers are also good in reading aloud :-)
- my reply:
- As Shan later pointed out, there is a man called Li Yang, who teaches English in an interesting way: “To shout out loud, you learn.” For Li Yang also the oral part in learning is important. More info on wikipedia.
- Thank you for the information Shan.
- see also post in new wiki: why not read info aloud?
Author: Erkan Yilmaz (2007-08-12)
- ↑ it may contain text + files which are not available in the same licence of this wiki - before reusing you have to clarify with me!!