Text + picture in the box are moved from my other blog!
I want to excel in testing - so I do not read “classic” software testing books anymore
I have returned all of my software testing books to the library. Since I am not reading them any longer. Please don’t confuse this now that I am not interested anymore in software testing – on the contrary:
TESTING MEANS A LOT TO ME.
With the benefit of hindsight now – I would associate reading these software testing books with watching a black and white slide show about animals. But now I feel like I am visiting a zoo. I can see the animals now in colour, with their natural sounds, their own special smell, can touch them to get a much better experience.
Well, this is of course only my subjective opinion.
I believe that these “other” books have a much better impact on me than the books which I read before. I will just list a few things and perhaps – from your perspective - not necessarily important ones:
e.g. Bach’s advice: when you need help for a decision: to open any book and ask that page. Feynman and Weinberg show me, how to approach different topics. Heath, McCloud (and Goodman) show interesting aspects on story telling. Von Oech has some interesting ideas (e.g. try to find 5 benefits of sleeping in your clothes) and Barrie helps me in being a kid again.
BTW: the picture is blurry isn’t it? I did this on purpose so you must guess some book titles. Who knows perhaps on the search you discover some other interesting books or things?
- by Inder P Singh (Tue, Mar 10, 2009)
- I guess that the graduation from from reading about something to actually doing it is a natural learning style. What comes after this?
1) Measurements/ analysis of the work done
2) Reporting it
3) Discussion about the work with others
Author: Erkan Yilmaz (2007-04-14)
- reminding myself: that's a wrong view Erkan, you should read without prejudice and ask yourself:
- what can help me from that?
- what not? what would be needed that it helps me?
- ↑ it may contain text + files which are not available in the same licence of this wiki - before reusing you have to clarify with me!!